Today marks National Ice Cream Day! Here’s our round up of favorite ice cream shops at every duty station:
- SomiSomi. A special Korean dessert known as “Ah-Boong”, a fish-shaped waffle cone filled with your choice of filling and topped with soft serve.
- Black Sheep Cream Co. Unique flavors like Chai Tea Cream and Blueberry Basil are the perfect treat after a long beach day or hike
- Double Three. Light and airy bubble waffle cone filled your favorite flavors and assortment of toppings make for an fun ice cream experience that is almost to pretty to eat.
- Aqualicious. A small, family- run business serving frozen yogurt, ice cream, Italian sodas, fresh fruit smoothies and milkshakes. You can even grab your purified water here too.
- Snowberry. Light and airy shave ice with fresh fruit toppings are simply refreshing on a hot and muggy day.
- Marble Slab Creamery. Hand-crafted ice cream made lovingly in small batches.
- Yokosuka Gelato Factory. Locally made gelato with fresh local flavors like Sakura, Mango, and even tomato.
- MooMoo’s. Weekly rotating flavors that can be swirled with their signature vanilla is the perfect after work treat.
- Kamakura ChaCha. Known for their matcha soft serve with various level of intensity. They also serve other flavors such as pistachio, chocolate and milky (vanilla).
- Mora Iced Creamery. Small batch ice cream made using fresh milk, real eggs and cane sugar with fun flavors like Goat Cheese with Fig, Banana Split and Lemon Bar. Check out the locations on Bainbridge Island and Poulsbo!
- Sapling Gelato. Sweet gelato shop located next to Evergreen Park in downtown Bremerton, offering a dozen rotating flavors including vegan and gluten-free options!
- Carter & Company. Located in Port Orchard on Bay Street, Carter & Co offer fresh chocolate, ice cream, baked goods, candy and other treats.
San Diego, CA
- Salt & Straw. Ice cream that gives you a moment of happiness and connection with the community around you. They work with local makers, farmers and chefs to create flavors of the local neighborhood.
- Stella Jeans. Small batch, super premium locally made ice cream with sensational signature and seasonal flavors.
- Hammonds Gourmet Ice Cream. Premium 18% butterfat, hand made, hard scoop ice cream the mixing process creates buttery and dense premium ice cream. Can’t pick one flavor try a ice cream flight!
- Mystic Drawbridge Ice Cream. Mystic Drawbridge Ice Cream, carry on the tradition, making “The Best” homemade ice cream in the same store that has given Mystic its history of excellence for over 100 years.
- Buttonwood Farms Ice Cream. Since 1998 Buttonwood Farm has been providing ice cream lovers with the best possible ice cream and service at our scenic farm in Griswold, CT. more than fifty flavors, both traditional and unique, reflect the inspiration from our farm, ingredients, and our customers.
- Pop’s Premium Ice Cream. Offering ice cream flights, bombs and a little bit of summer magic. The opening of Pop’s every season means summer is here in Groton, CT.
- Lagos Ice Cream. Five decades of flavor Lago’s has impressive menu or flavors and holds “NH’s Best Ice Cream” acollade from New Hampshire Magazine.
- Annabelle’s Ice Cream. Tucked away across from the Portsmouth tug boats Annabelle’s serves up the best ice cream using only the highest quality natural ingredients. They also offer a “Military Discount” don’t forget to ask!
- Beach Pea. The flavor list is huge and the scoops are even bigger. A kiddie is enough for two but who wants to share?!
- Clementines Ice Cream. Churning ice cream since 2017 they have been committed to serving delicious ice cream made with high-quality ingredients. Staff at Clementine’s enjoy being a part of the East Greenwich and Middletown communities and regularly give back to local charities.
- Newport Creamery. Throughout 80 years, Newport Creamery has been a part of the Southern New England landscape, continually focusing its attention towards providing quality food and service at a reasonable price.
Charleston, South Carolina
- OddFellows Ice Cream Co. Created by a James Beard-nominated chef, the Booklyn-based brand ofers unique and delicious flavors like olive oil, miso peanut butter brownie, and cheddar apple pie.
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams. Jeni’s is known for unforgettable, crave-worthy ice creams you simply won’t find anywhere else. Completely made from scratch, thir flavors have an impossibly smooth, buttercream-like body.
- Off Track Ice Cream. Off Track serves traditiona, vegan and gluten-free ice cream as well as creative options for milkshakes, sundaes, and cookie sandwiches.
- Pops Ice Cream Co. Ray “Pop” Giovanni had been in the ice cream and dessert business since the 1940’s and much of his early career was spent catering events at the White House. Walk in the shop and you feel like you are transported back into time when things moved a little slower.
- The Dairy God Mom. A wide menu of ice cream and frozen custards that change daily to beat the Virigina humidity.
- Blue Cow Ice Cream. Proudly spinning fresh flavors daily using simple, quality ingredients sourced locally when possible. Blue Cow Ice Cream Co. prides itself on having a lasting and positive impact on each community they are fortunate to be part of.
- Urban Ice. Casual stop for Thai rolled ice cream with varied toppings, plus coffee, bubble tea and crepes.
- Strawberry Fields Smoothie & Gelato. Locally owned gelato shop specializing in homemade gelato and fresh fruit smoothies in-house daily.
- Gilly’s Creamery. Popular Virginia Beach shop that specializes in homemade ice cream and cones made daily.
- Quintessential Sweets. Offering the quintessence of gourmet treats by allowing you to build your own! Every order is hand made to your specifications; allowing you to savor the exact flavors your palate desires. We offer an array of sweets that can be customized with a variety of toppings
- La Michoacana. Offering a wide variety of fresh, natural flavor popsicles, ice cream, fruit, and more!
- Yolo Rollo Ice Cream. A fun interactive experience as you watch your creation come together right in front of you.
Kings Bay, GA
- Fantastic Fudge. Handmade fudge, salt water taffy and ice cream and will have you screaming for more.
- Watanut. Creating fresh ice cream cookie sandwiches to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth. They also have a perfect assortment of gifts and treats for those care packages.
- Mayday Ice Cream. At Mayday we celebrate their courage and optimism by creating ice cream that’s both authentic and innovative- we churn together the best ingredients in fun new ways and serve them up with some good old-world hospitality.
What are your favorite ice cream brands? Did we leave any off the list? Comment below!