Winter can be tough on the little ones, and the parents trapped inside with them trying to fill their days with activities so they aren’t spending 6 hours a day watching Blue’s Clues. If you are like me, you are always trying to find fun, indoor activities for those cold/rainy days. Most of those activities can be a little expensive when you have several kids tagging along.
Here are a few free or low cost options for activities in Groton or nearby (less than or equal to an hour away):
- Sing & Stomp at the Groton Public Library (Wednesdays 10:00 am 1/25-2/15)
- Preschool Cooking Class (Ages 3+) Groton Public Library (Fridays 11:00 am 1/20-2/24)
- Preschool Stories Groton Public Library (Thursdays 10:00 am 1/26-2/16)
- Niantic Winter Market (Saturdays 2pm-5pm)
- Sensory-Friendly Night: Let’s Get Building at Niantic Children’s Museum (January 20, 5-7pm)
- Visit Bushnell Park in Hartford (free to walk around and $2 for a ride the on vintage carousel)
- Check out the Connecticut Science Center
- The Children’s Museum in East Hartford
- Explore the Providence Children’s Museum (open Wednesday-Sunday, 9:30am-12:30pm and 1:30-4:30pm)
- Visit the only museum of its kind in Rhode Island, the Rhode Island Museum of Natural History and Planetarium (open daily, 10am-4pm, $2 each and kids 4 and under are free)
Have you done any of these activities or have any other recommendations? Comment below!