Independence Day is a little over a week away! For many duty stations, this is the first year 4th of July festivities, parades and celebrations are back since the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here is a list to get you started:
- Celebrate the 4th early at the Bremerton Bridge Blast this coming weekend, June 2th! Evergreen-Rotary Park and the Bremerton Louis Mentor Boardwalk will host the full-day festival featuring live music and food trucks. Music begins at 12 p.m. and continues until the fireworks display at 10:15 p.m. Bridge Blast returns from a two-year break due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- On the actual 4th, head over to Bainbridge Island for their Grand Ole Fourth July 4th Parade at 11:30 a.m.
- Head over to Kingston for their 4th of July Celebration, including a parade, tiny town kid’s fun zone, inflatables, food and craft vendors, live music and fireworks.
- In Port Orchard, you can catch the Kitsap Live Steamers at South Kitsap Regional Park for their special, 4th of July Holiday Run! The free rides will be offered from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Starting at 4 p.m., head down to the Marina Park for the Fathoms of Fun 4th of July celebration ending with a fireworks show at 10 p.m.
- Don’t miss the 4th of July Fireworks Blast with Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum! The USS Yorktown’s flight deck provides an enhanced fireworks viewing option during the museum’s July 4th celebration. Guests are encouraged to bring lawn chairs for seating. Food and drinks will not be permitted on the flight deck, but local food vendor King of Pops will sell gourmet popsicles. Access to the historic aircraft carrier will open to those with tickets at 7:30 p.m. and close at the conclusion of the fireworks show. Flight deck capacity is limited and tickets are expected to sell out quickly. The tickets cost $25 and are on sale now.
- In Groton, there will be a 4th of July Parade at 10am. The route starts at Poquonnock Plains Park and moves down Rt. 1 to Drozdyck Avenue.
- Just a few days later enjoy Sailfest in New London, July 8-10! Sailfest is Southeastern Connecticut’s premiere summertime event, complete with a major fireworks display, amusement rides, free entertainment, ships, and over 200 vendors lining the streets. There will be plenty to see, buy, and eat, so make sure to come hungry and ready to try new food!
- Watch the fireworks against the D,C. skyline of monuments and memorials! The beloved Capitol Fourth, the star-studded concert that always precedes the epic fireworks show on the National Mall, will air on PBS and can also be enjoyed in-person; just make sure to get there early. The star-spangled birthday party begins at 8 p.m. For more details, click here.
- For more D.C. inspiration, click here.
- The public is invited to Freedom Rocks Festival on U.S. Naval Base Guam – Polaris Point! Hosted by the MWR, the festival will kick off at 3 p.m. with live entertainment by local bands and dance groups, static displays of Navy equipment, rides for kids, and food and drink vendors. The fireworks display will be launched at 8 p.m. from Reserve Craft beach and last approximately 7 minutes.
Kings Bay, GA:
- The annual St. Marys Independence Day Festival promises to be a fun-filled patriotic day that will be the highlight of your summer. The celebration includes a 5K and 10 K race, a 10 a.m. themed parade, all day entertainment at the St. Marys Waterfront Park, arts and craft vendors, food vendor and activities. The night culminates with a fireworks display over the river just after dusk. The St. Marys Waterfront Park is a great location to watch the show, so bring a blanket or chairs and settle in for a relaxing time. Guests can also purchase tickets for the fireworks river cruise that sets off from downtown.
- In Millington, celebrate the holiday at Stars N’ Slides 4th of July Motorsport Celebration. Traction Optional & Stance Down Low have teamed up to takeover the Memphis International Raceway! A whole weekend of Drifting the full course, along with an all makes & models car show, all the while there is banging music all day with ultimately ending the night with camping at the legendary Memphis International Raceway.
- In nearby Memphis, celebrate Elvis-style at the Graceland’s All-American 4th of July Weekend. Elvis, Rock ‘n’ Roll, Fireworks, and BBQ, what could be more American?
- In Monterey, check out an Old Monterey 4th of July Celebration, as well as other festivities in Carmel-by-The-Sea and Pacific Grove. For a full list of events, click here.
- Don’t miss the 39th Annual 4th of July Great American Picnic & Fireworks at Town Point Park! Relax on the lawn and enjoy an evening of All-American fare, including hot dogs, hamburgers, barbecue, seafood, cotton candy, and much more, along with live musical entertainment from military brass bands! The night is capped off by the sensational fireworks show high above the Elizabeth River, beginning at 9:30pm.
Pearl Harbor, HI:
- The 4th of July Freedom Fest returns to Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam! The all-day festival includes family activities near the NEX Fleet Store, including a petting zoo, knockerball, Cardboard City, yard games, food trucks and more. The concert area at Ward Field will include live music along with a car show, giveaways and a culminating fireworks spectacular at 9pm. For more details, click here.
- There will also be a fireworks display at Kailua Beach at 8pm! For more details, click here.
- In Kittery, check out the Independence Day Celebration this coming weekend on June 25! Hosted at Tresher Memorial Park, witness Revolution-era reenactors from Capt. Henry Dearborn’s Company, the Piscataqua Rangers Junior Fife and Drum Corps, and the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard Color Guard.
San Diego, CA:
- In San Diego, don’t miss the Freedom Festival 2022 for fun and fireworks on San Diego Bay! Join family, friends and community for a day of national pride on Naval Base Point Loma. Featuring: tailgating, family fun, entertainment, festival food and more. The event is open to military families, retirees, reservists and DoD employees.
Saratoga Springs, NY:
- While we couldn’t find any specific events, here is a recommended weekend itinerary!
Did we miss any? Comment below!