Depending where you’re stationed, the Submarine Birthday Ball (Sub Ball) is coming up in the next month or two. You may have your attire planned for the evening. Or maybe you’re like me and procrastinate because you can never decide what you want to wear this year.
We are here for you! Spouses shared their favorite online and retail store options for formal wear. Here’s what they recommend:
- Shein – Options in any style or color you could want. Make sure you read the reviews, the reviewer photos will give you a better idea of the quality and fit. Jumpsuits more your style? Check out this great option. Need a budget friendly suit? Take a look at this one.
- Azazie – The retailer is known for their bridesmaid dresses, and you can order custom sizing at no extra charge. Be sure you check production times to ensure your dress arrives in time. Looking for a classic black dress? Check out this mermaid gown less than $60!
- Rent The Runway – I love RTR when I can’t decide on which dress I want to buy or if I want to splurge on a designer gown I’ve had my eye my on. I usually order a few backups in various styles so I can be sure I love the fit/style. Check out this Badgley Mischka showstopper.
- Lulu’s – Another great online option for finding an affordable ball gown. Also to note, their selection of extended sizes formal gowns. Who doesn’t love the versatility of a wrap dress? Check out this one.
- Ever Pretty: Find ready to ship formal gowns sizes 4-26 with free shipping on orders $60 and up. Check out this elegant gown available in a variety of colors.
- Marks & Spencer – Need a tux or formal suit? This London staple has a fit for every body type and preference. Check out this slim fit tux.
Brick & Mortar
Guam and Hawaii friends, we’ve heard from you that shipping can be tricky at times so here are a few options for in-store shopping:
- Guam: check out Macys in Micro Mall or Gaylord’s
- Hawaii: Windsor Store at Ala Moana
Any other suggestions? Comment below! Questions about what kind of dress/outfit is appropriate? Ask in a group and you’ll hear a variety of responses. Personally, I feel you should wear what you’re most comfortable in and feel great wearing!