Did you just get orders to Guam? Fret not! There are tons of activities and groups on island to explore and get involved in (also our Ultimate Guide, click here). Below is a compilation of various Facebook pages and group descriptions for you to explore:
Misc. Military Related (Helpful During PCS Season)
- Guam Military Spouses Connect – This group is meant to provide support for other spouses, especially newcomers to the island.
- Guam Military Pet Information – A resource for military members on, departing, or arriving on Guam.
- Guam Military Rental Vehicles – This group is for military members and their families to rent vehicles or rent out their own.
- SUP Girls Guam – SUP Girls Guam is connecting mermaids across Guam, who want to paddle out, take in the ocean, and chase the sun. A chapter of SUP Girls Global. We stand up for clean oceans, humanity and paddle for mermaid sisterhood. Find us playing in the waves, soaking in the sun, and drinking coffee. You can chime in on information on favorite best paddle spots, water/tide conditions, rentals, board swaps, meet-ups, and mermaid friendly businesses. Roll Deep & Paddle Hard. Always Good Vibes!
- SUP Shack Guam – Locally owned and run, SUP Shack Guam is a paddle board only store that retails stand up paddle (SUP) boards, related accessories, & rentals.
- Valley of the Latte Adventure Park – Valley of the Latte Park is Guam’s most popular eco-friendly destination, celebrating and sharing the culture of Guam with tours and activities for all.
- Micronesia Divers Association (MDA) – Withtwo2 locations to serve all of your diving needs: Piti, and (NEX) Dive & Snorkeling on US Navy Base at the Home Center.
- Ax Murderer Tours Guam – Two full service dive shops on Andersen AFB and Agana.
- Guam Scuba Classified – Scuba related issues around Guam (lost/missing gear, break-ins, warnings) and personal gear sales. Also a place to find a dive buddy or dive site info. **There are *no* business posts.
- Guam Divers – This group is for Guam divers looking for dive buddies or upcoming dives.
- Guam Hiking Safety – A group dedicated to sharing hiking safety tips along with helpful info specific to Guam trails.
- Military Wild – Welcome to the Military Wild Outdoor Community! We’re adventurous military families connecting with each other and the wild places we call home by getting #OutdoorsAnywhere.
- Guam Boonie Stompers, Inc – We meet every Saturday for hikes at 9:00 AM at the back parking lot of Chamorro Village in Hagatna. (or 5:00 PM for special Moonie Stomps on Friday, Saturday or Sunday nights) Check the Schedule and dates in the general information in the about section. The cost is $5 for adult hikers.
- Growing on Guam – This group was created as a way to sell/buy/trade plants and gardening supplies with others in Guam’s gardening community. Also, growing tips and questions are welcomed and encouraged.
- NBG/AAFB Crafters – This is a group for crafters to share advice, show off work, and buy and sell tools, supplies and finished objects.
- Decorating on Guam – We all know how difficult it can be at times making a house a home here on Guam with the limited shopping options and difficulties with shipping. It gets discouraging in the big groups when everything is unavailable or can’t ship here. If you’re in search of anything, please post and we can help keep an eye out!
- Island Girls Book Club – Ladies and adults only group to talk about books and everything else.
- SpaceATheWorld – Helpful resource for learning about Space-A flights.
- Anderson Passenger Terminal – Space A flights out of Guam are posted here.
- Tips for Asia Travel – This group has been built for the military community. We hope you find this page useful and informative as you plan your adventures throughout Asia.
- Paradise Travel Buddies – Share ideas, travel tips, places to eat and shop, culture, travel promos and deals, etc., about where you’ve been or planning to go!
- Guam Animals In Need (GAIN) – Non-profit organization. Pet Adoption. Always looking for fosters and volunteers.
- GAIN Foster Change Network – This page is for GAIN foster parents to post their dogs for adoption since the GAIN website is sometimes just the dogs up for adoption at the shelter.
- Guam Petsitting Co-op – Use this page to post dates that you will need a pet sitter (e.g. you’re leaving the country). It’s all military families who may need the favor returned someday too.
- Boonie Flight Project – The Boonie Flight Project was formed to help solve Guam’s stray “Boonie” dog overpopulation. Every day we see new litters of puppies on island, and there are not enough homes. We focus on flying puppies off island to homes within the US.
- Farm to Table Guam – A co-op that compiles CSA boxes of locally grown produce from farmers all over the island, plus their own crops. They also post dates and times for stands they put up to buy produce if you don’t want to do a CSA.
- Guam Foodies – People post restaurant reviews, new restaurants they’ve discovered and general questions for recommendations.
- Guam Local Food for Sale – Great place to find locally made Chamorro food and desserts.
- Guam Happenings – Got an island-wide public event we should all know about? *Must be open to ALL! Share it here!
- Guam Painted Rocks – In the spirit of following all the latest trends I am inspired to create a group for Happiness Rocks. The idea is to get your family involved, be crafty, and spend some time out and about scavenging for new happy rocks.
- Guam Carabao Statue Scavenger Hunt – After 3 1/2 years on Guam, seeing all the carabao statues all around, We decided to go out and find them all. We could not find a list of all of them so I created this group to help others find them. We have located 29 statues. See if you can Find all the carabao statues on Guam. If you find any that we have not, let me know.
- Tsunami Women’s Soccer – Welcome to Tsunami Women’s Soccer page! This team is open to any women at Naval Base Guam who are interested in playing soccer. No experience necessary! We have a lot of ladies who are brand new to the sport. We’ll teach you the fundamentals and hopefully get a good workout. It’s a relaxed, non-competitive, non-judgmental environment. Come play with us!
- Andersen Pick Up Soccer – Pick up soccer games every Monday and Wednesday at 1715 pm, turf field behind the movie theater. We have also started playing on Friday but that is a group decision made during the week. This is also a place to meet up for more games as well as anything else soccer related. If you are new to the island or here for TDY/Deployment we do have a soccer team that plays downtown competitively.
- Guam Soccer Camps & Clinics – Guam Soccer Camps & Clinics(GSC) is the premier provider of soccer programming on Guam. Offering soccer Coaching Education, Camps, Clinics and Events.