It’s safe to say this coming 4th of July holiday is unlike any other. After more than a year in lockdown, we hope you, your family and friends can celebrate our nation’s birthday in every which way you’d like.
While many communities stilll navigate COVID restrictions, we encourage you to stay informed with your local duty station and contact businesses to verify their events and restrictions. From fireworks and carnivals to parades and BBQs, here’s what we could find:
- Bainbridge Island: Venture over to Bainbridge Island for the Grand Old Fourth. The day will consist of a parade, fun run, holiday business baskets and more.
- Kingston: Local officials and event organizers hope to bring back the Kingston 4th of July festivities. Check back on the website for more updates.
- Port Orchard: The Fathoms ‘O Fun returns with a 3 Day Summer Festival Craft & Vendor Show, July 3-5. While not on 4th of July, festive fireworks will be hosted on July 10 at the Port Orchard Waterfront.
- Poulsbo: Unfortunately 3rd of July Fireworks & Viking Fest has been cancelled for a second year in a row.
For ongoing updates on Kitsap County events and festivals, click here.
Charleston, South Carolina
- Mt. Pleasant: The Patriots Point Fireworks Blast will take place at the Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum from 6pm-10pm. The event will include live music, food trucks and fireworks. Admission is free but parking costs $20 per vehicle. Guests are encouraged to arrive early and bring folding chairs and picnic baskets.
- Mt. Plesant: If you want something during the day, the 3rd Annual Park West July 4th Golf Cart Parade will take place 9am-11am at Park West Masonborough.
- D.C.: The July 4th Fireworks on the National Mall are back in 2021! The fireworks will be held Sunday, July 4th at 9:09pm, launched from both sides of the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool. The display will last approximately 17 minutes.
- D.C.: A Capitol Fourth is a star-studded, pageantry-filled concert that always precedes the epic fireworks show on the National Mall, held from the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol. If you can’t make it in person, the concert can be enjoyed from home on PBS.
- Mount Vernon: Celebrate our nation’s birthday at the annual Independence Day celebration at Mount Vernon. The day’s activities include visiting the estate’s museums, enjoying gorgeous views from the mansion’s piazza, strolling through the gardens, visiting the final resting place of George and Martha Washington and much more.
To read more about 4th of July events happening in D.C., click here.
- Groton: The Annual 4th of July Parade will be held on July 4th at 10am, along U.S. Route 1. The theme this year is “Groton’s Everyday Heroes.”
- Mystic: The Mystic Seaport Museum will celebrate a special Independence Day with discounted admission, Civil War re-enactments, patriotic hat-making for children, a parade at 1pm, croquet and lawn games, live music and other theatrical performances.
- Norwich: If you’re looking for fireworks, head over to Norwich on Saturday, July 3 for the Norwich Harbor Fireworks. The celebration will take place at Howard T. Brown Park, with food trucks, fireworks and fun.
- Westerly: Head over the state border to celebrate an Independence Day Family Carnival at Weekapaug Inn. The family-friendly event will include a New England-inspired lobster boil, barbecue fare, carnival games, s’mores, live music, face painting, and ground fountain fireworks complete with a roving magician.
- Tumon: The Veteran’s of Foreign Affairs are hosting a 4th of July BBQ/Potluck on Saturday, July 3 at Ypao Beach.
- MWR Guam: On July 4th, MWR will host Freedom Rocks Festival at Sumay Cove Marina. The event will include carnival games, booths, carabao rides, and more! Guam celebrates their own Liberation Day on July 22 – stay tuned for more on that!
Kings Bay, Georgia
- St. Marys: The St. Marys Independence Day Festival promises a fun-filled patriotic day on Saturday, July 3, including 5K and 10K races, a themed parade, all day entertainment, arts and craft vendors, food vendors, and fireworks. It all takes place at the St. Marys Waterfront Park!
- Jacksonville, FL: The Fourth of July Fireworks Celebration will return this yer with multiple locations, including a fireworks display at 9:45 p.m. on Sunday, July 4th, with earlier celebrations kicking off at 5pm with live music, a family fun zone, food trucks and more.
- Downtown Memphis: Memphis has created a “hybrid” 4th of July celebration that promotes celebration of the holiday weekend socially distant but together. Check out The Quintessential Summer Celebration. You can paddle the Memphis Harbor in a rented kayak, participate in a guided SUP tour, and watch the Mighty Light Show at sunset.
- Millington: You do not want to miss the Millington Flag City Freedom Celebration. Come early to get a spot. Make sure you bring your lawn chairs and do not miss the evening fireworks display.
- South Memphis: Head south for Graceland’s All-American July 4th Celebration. This two-day event features concerts, tours, BBQ dinner, fireworks extravaganza, and a Sunday Gospel Brunch.
- Collierville: Collierville will host their annual 4th of July Celebration at HW Cox Park. This year they will have the largest fireworks display in the town’s history. The Tennessee Mass Choir will be performing as well.
For more information and other Independence Day events check out I Love Memphis Blog.
- Monterey, Carmel: All formal celebrations have been postponed until 2022.
- Pacific Grove: Celebrate July 4th 2021 in “America’s Last Hometown”, in Pacific Grove, with an old-fashioned down-home event from 11am to 3pm. Come and enjoy food, outdoor activities for kids, live music, and a chance to enjoy a patriotic celebration.
- Norfolk: The 38th Annual 4th of July Great American Picnic & Fireworks returns on July 4th! Bring your friends and family down to Town Point Park for American styling fare such as hot dogs, hamburgers, seafood, corn on the cob and more. Enjoy live music and a fireworks display at 9:30pm!
- Norfolk: Beat the crowds and enjoy July 4th Fireworks Cruise! Experience the mesmerizing Downtown Norfolk fireworks from the best vantage point of all – the water! After a quick tour of the Inner Harbor, the crew positions the ship to give you an incredible view of the region’s best fireworks show.
For a full list of events, click here.
Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
- Joint Base Pearl Harbor & Hickam: The base will host many festive activities between July 1st – 5th. A fireworks show is planned for 8:30pm on July 4th. See this link for more information. Note that events are tentative and subject to change without notice.
- Honolulu: The Ala Moana Shopping Center Fireworks have been cancelled this year. The mall promises to offer other opportunities for families to celebrate the occasion, details TBD.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Portsmouth: The Independence Day Fireworks returns this year! We could not find specific details for this year, but in years past the fireworks shot off from South Mill Pond.
San Diego, California
- San Diego: The Big Bay Boom fireworks show is a-go for July 4th! The fireworks will be displayed from four barges on San Diego Bay at 9pm. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own lawnchairs, friends and boats to watch from nearby locations.
- Disney Land, SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland: 4th of July firework shows have not been confirmed at this time. For updates, click here.
With California restrictions still in place, many event organizers cannot confirm if their 2021 eventsare happening. For more information about San Diego festivities, click here.
Saratoga Springs, New York
- Saratoga Springs: The July 4th Celebration at Clifton Park is on this year! A parade will kick off at 12pm, and the route will start at Route 146 in front of the Shenendehowa School campus and end at Clifton Common. More info coming soon!
We wish everyone a safe and happy 4th of July! Thanks for reading.