Having a big family gathering? Maybe you just moved to the area and still have boxes to unpack and you just don’t feel like cooking? Either way, the Hampton Roads area has a lot of options for your Thanksgiving feast. Whether you love to cook or would rather have a meal prepared for you, below is a list of the best places to get fresh turkey’s, sides, and fresh baked pies:
- Bergey’s Bread Basket. Need your bird and a pie or two? This is your place. A Hampton Roads favorite, Bergey’s Bread Basket offers everything from fresh seasonal produce to handmade baked goods. Make it a day and take the kids to their petting zoo and other seasonal family fun activities. Be sure to check their website for current selections.
- Central Meats. Serving Hampton Roads since 1960, Central Meats has more than just fresh turkeys. This one stop shop for fine meats, game, and all of your cooking needs truly has it all. They have wide selection of beef and poultry, deli trays, and everything for your Thanksgiving Day needs.
- Pendulum Fine Meats. Located in downtown Norfolk, off of Colley, Pendulum Fine Meats is your one-stop-shop for holiday main course needs. While they specialize in specialty meats, they do carry some of the best poultry products in the area. Reserve today, more than half are gone! These birds are available in the 10-15 lb. range and the 15-20 lb. range. Their Naked Turkeys are different from the mass-produced, factory-farmed turkeys found in most supermarkets today. The all-natural birds are grown on small family farms in North Carolina for superior culinary attributes and a high-quality eating experience. Click here to reserve.
- The Stockpot. A local favorite, known for their healthy menu and savory dishes, The Stockpot will be taking orders for Thanksgiving before November 18th with pick up being the 24th. Choose from a variety of baked goods, pies, and side dishes to compliment your table. The have two convenient locations in Virginia Beach and Norfolk. They even have a full vegan feast for two for $60.00-vegans rejoice!
- Fresh Market. With two locations, Fresh Market has all your Thanksgiving feast needs. They also carry a beautiful selection of flowers to create a lovely centerpiece and they carry all of your table setting needs. Online ordering has begun, click here to place your order.
- Sugar Plum Bakery. Now I may be biased, after all I did get my wedding cake from Sugar Plum, but trust me when I say they go above and beyond. They have released their Thanksgiving pie and dessert menu and are currently taking orders that will get you 10% off if placed before November 19th. Fun fact: Sugar Plum Bakery serves the needs of individuals with disabilities through employment, education and training. Sugar Plum Bakery promotes the integration of persons with intellectual disabilities into society by helping them become independent and evolve into working contributing members of our communities. How neat is that?
- Flour Child Bakery. I stumbled upon this local favorite at the East Beach Farmer’s Market on a hot summer day. What struck me was the variety, colors, and the gluten free options. The mother-daughter duo of Cathy and Cassie Baker have truly lived up to their last name creating one of the most sought-after bakeries in the 757. Let’s talk pie: Each crust is made from scratch, rolled by hand, and gently pressed into a pie pan. To order, call (757)464-1455. Please give at least 10-14 day’s notice for Thanksgiving & Christmas.
- May’s Parlor. Located off of Pacific Ave., May’s Parlor is a locally-owned, coastal-cottage bakery-cafe known for fresh pastries, exciting flavors, and classic, crave-worthy cafe fare. It has become a local’s favorite and a destination for vacationers alike. Their Thanksgiving catering menu has opened for all your pie needs! Be sure to browse their selection of sides and trimmings for your Thanksgiving table.
- Wegmans. desserts and grab a fresh handmade pie and find all of your Thanksgiving sides and trimmings. Check out their Meals2Go if you don’t feel like cooking!