Great Wolf Lodge New England is a great place for a little family fun. Whether you are celebrating homecoming, a birthday, or just need a little family getaway, Great Wolf Lodge has something fun for everyone. Located in Fitchburg, MA, the hotel is about 90 minutes from Groton and Portsmouth. There is also a Great Wolf Lodge in Washington state, located 90 minutes from Naval Base Kitsap.
It was our daughters first “cold weather” birthday and she had been missing swimming daily so we thought it would be a great place to celebrate.
Here were some tips and highlights from our trip:
How to Book:
Great Wolf Lodge offers various discounts depending on your length of stay and how far you book advance. They also offer a Howling Heroes Discount of up to 25% off your stay (Code: HEROES). I wanted to make sure I got the best discount since we were booking last minute so I called customer service and they entered all available discount codes and found the “GETWAY” promotion code was actually saved us more.
Included In Your Stay:
- Water park passes are included in your suite price.
- Every night’s stay gets you two days of play – with park access from 1:00 pm on day of arrival until close of departure date.
- Towels and life jackets are provided by the lodge and lifeguards are always on duty.
- Check in at 4:00 pm | Check out at 11:00 am (late check out packages may be available)
- Included during your visit is free entertainment like: Crafts, Story Time, and a PJ Dance Party
What to Pack:
Towels and life jackets are provided making packing a little bit easier. Water shoes / Crocs are perfect for foot protection and easy to slide on/off. Coolers were allowed in all areas so we packed food, drinks and snacks to save a little bit. I also packed pre-made salads and protein shakes for myself so I could enjoy ice cream guilt free. The fridge provided in room was large enough to accommodate all of our needs.
What To Do:
- The water park offered areas for all ages. At 42” my daughter was able to ride down water slides and she had the time of her life. The areas were clean, spacious and plenty of sitting areas were available for breaks.
- Interactive Magic Quest
- Mini Golf
- Ropes Course
- Oliver’s Mining Co.
- Build A Bear Workshop
Check the Events schedule so you don’t miss out on opportunities for character meet and greets, story time, arts and crafts, and our favorite pajama dance party.
Where to Eat:
There were many different dining options available with reasonable price points. We preferred to do breakfast and lunch in the room and dine out for dinner. If you download the app you are able to place mobile orders for many of the dining options to prevent hangry meltdowns.
We were so glad we were able to enjoy a few days of fun in the water again. Each locations attractions, discounts and dining options differ so check the website www.greatwolf.com for more info. For more family fun and New England adventures, follow me on IG: @aloha.mama.cat.