Fall is the best time to get outside, drink some cider, pick some pumpkins, and more! Here is a list we’ve compiled of activities across Hampton Roads:
- Oct 31: Looking for a free event to attend on Halloween? First Baptist Church South Hill is having their Annual Scientific Fall Festival from 5:30pm-8pm. There will be outdoor games, pumpkins, sweet treats, and food!
- Nov 5: Heading into November, check out the 4th Annual Hall Chevrolet Custom Car Show and Fall Festival from 10am-3pm. Tickets are $21 in advance ($25 at the door) and include a food voucher. Along with Car Show awards, there will be a food truck rodeo, vendors, and a family fun coloring contest. This great fall event is perfect for car lovers and benefits the American Cancer Society – Virginia Chapter.
- Nov 19: From 1pm-4pm enjoy the annual Oyster and South Festival at the Historic Greenbrier Farms. There will be local live music, monster truck rides, beverages, BBQ, and of course OYSTERS. Tickets are $50 in advance ($60 at the gate) and children 12 and under are completely free.
- Oct 8: Treat your furry family member to Barktoberfest in Hampton from 12-6pm. Dress yourself and your pet up for a chance at cash prizes. Enjoy live music, craft brew, food trucks, and some games and activities for everyone. Tickets in advance are $15 for adults and $10 for children ages 5-12. Tickets include a t-shirt, admission, a goody bag, and two raffle tickets. Day of tickets are $10. Other advance ticket packages are available and proceeds benefit the Peninsula SPCA.
- Oct 29: Historic Hilton Village is hosting their Fall Festival from 11am-5pm. Enjoy crafters, vendors, food trucks, a beer truck and kid’s activities in the Village.
- Oct 29: Also on Oct 29th is the City Center Fall Festival from 12-6pm. This family friendly event includes a craft beer haven featuring local beers, ciders, and wine tastings. There will be live music, an interactive kid’s zone, food trucks, and vendors.
- Oct 8: Norfolk is also having a pup-friendly Howl-O-Ween Fest from 2pm-6pm at Maker’s Craft Brewery. Enjoy music, beer, seasonal craft sale, and a dog Halloween costume contest. Free and open to the public!
- Oct 14: Attend the WOW Harvest Party at Norfolk Botanical Garden for families with children ages 3 and up. There will be fall themed crafts, games, and other activities. Tickets for members of the Botanical Garden are $15 a child (chaperones free) and $20 for non-members. They have a military discounted membership that you can check out here if you are interested.
- Oct 21: The MWR will be hosting a Halloween Spooktacular at Cutter Park from 5-8pm. Enjoy the free even with games, a bounce house, Halloween characters, free pumpkins and treat bags!
- Oct 28: NAVSTA Norfolk MWR and the NEX will be hosting a Trunk or Treat and Halloween Movie night starting at 5pm in the NEX parking lot. Pumpkins will be given away and the movie, The Nightmare Before Christmas, will start at 6:30pm.
- Oct 22: NNSY MWR Community Recreation will be having their 2022 Haunted Happenings Halloween Spooktacular at the Strike Bowling Center from 6-9pm. Wear your favorite Halloween costume!
- Oct 29: Enjoy hayrides, trunk or treat, bounce houses, and a photo booth at the Fall Festival hosted by Restore Church from 4-6pm.
- Sept 24-Oct 31: You will have plenty of time all month long to check out the Hunt Club Farm Harvest Fair from 10am-6pm daily. There will be a “HUGE” straw pile for kids to jump in, pony rides, hayrides, carnival rides, and DJ music on the weekends. You can also check out the petting zoo, aviary, and pumpkin patch! Ticket prices can be found on the website.
- Oct 15: JEB Little Creek MWR and NEX will host their Pumpkin Patch and Outdoor Movie night at the NEX starting at 5:30pm. The movie, Hocus Pocus, will start at 7pm. There will be a pumpkin giveaway, decorating/carving kits, and free snacks.
- Oct 20: For active families, dress up in your costume and run the 2022 Pumpkin Patch 5K with NAS Oceana MWR Fitness from 1130am-1pm. Located at the Flightline Fitness center, there will be shirts and medals given away to participants. There will also be a costume contest.
- Oct 22: Ages 21+ can enjoy the Virginia Beach Hard Cider & Doughnut Fest from 2-8pm at Ocean 27 on the Boardwalk. The event is described as part Bar Hop and part Sweet Celebration that features four bars and restaurants, beer, hard seltzer, hard cider specials, and 1,000 delicious doughnuts. Tickets start at $20 and include event entry, access to drink specials, and two free doughnuts.
- Oct 22: Another opportunity a Halloween Movie and Pumpkin Patch is at NAS Oceana to watch The Addams Family 2. Games start at 5:30pm and the movie will begin at 6:45pm at the NEX.
- Oct 29: Relevant Church will be hosting their annual Harvest Fest from 5-7pm. There will be games, activities, and food.
- Sept 9-Oct 31: Check out Bush Garden’s night time fun with Howl-O-Scream starting at 6pm. This event is not recommended for children, but those who are brave enough can enjoy several haunted houses, terror-tories, sinister shows, party zones, and booze bars. Military rates are available through the Busch Gardens website.
- Sep 24-Oct 30: For a much more family friendly, day-time activity at Busch Gardens you can attend the Sesame Street themed “The Count’s Spooktacular” from 10am-5pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Children under the age of nine are welcome to dress in their favorite costumes and enjoy trick-or-treating. All throughout the park there will be dance parties, a festive hay maze and a costume parade featuring Sesame Street characters.
- Oct 8: The Fall Market at Riverwalk Landing will take place from 8am-3pm with vendors, a hay maze, hay rides, pumpkin painting, face painting, and a petting zoo. Vendors will have local, handmade products including honey, jams, sauces, gourmet dog treats, candles, desserts and more.
- Oct 28: WPNSTA Yorktown MWR will host the Halloween Fall Festival from 6-8pm at the Sports Zone Gym. Free pumpkins will be given away while supplies last.
- Nov 12-13: Attend the Yorktown Maritime Heritage Festival and 2nd Annual Yorktown Sea Shanty Festival at Waterman’s Museum. The festival will run from 10am-6pm on both days.
- Nov 13: Yorktown will be hosting their 2022 Wine Festival from 12-6pm. Tickets are $40 and it takes place on the Riverwalk. Same local Virginia wines as well as from Yorktown sister cities in Germany and France. There will be food, live music, and local artisans.
What fall events are you most looking forward to? Comment below and let us know! For more Norfolk-area resources and blog posts, click here.