Fall is one of the best seasons in New England! Below you will find eight upcoming events around the Groton and surrounding areas that you do not want to miss:
- Oct. 15: Bumpers and Books starts from 11am-1pm. Located in the library parking lot. All vehicles will be decorated to celebrate a favorite book or author. Children and adults are encouraged to dress in book- themed costumes.
- Oct. 29: Submarine Force Library is hosting a free Trunk or Treat from 6-8 PM. This event will also have the USS Nautilus open for spooky after-hour tours. Children and adults are encouraged to come in costume.
Gales Ferry, CT
- Sep-Oct: Apple picking and open market at Holmberg Orchard. This orchard runs pick your own apples Tuesday-Sunday, 9am-5pm. Make sure you check out the open Market at the bottom of the hill. That is open throughout the week.
- Now thru Oct 31: 23rd Annual Preston Farms Corn Maze is one of the biggest corn mazes round New England. This even runs through October and the hours vary day by day. Check out there Facebook page for dates and closures. Brave enough? Preston Farms stays open for a flashlight maze. This event is from Sunset- 9:30pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Sep. 30- Oct. 29: The Pumpkin Passage at The Dinosaur Place is open this fall and you can find Dracula overlooking the lights in the pond or watch fire spinners while eating treats with the family. This event is for any age. You can reserve tickets online but hurry this non spooky event sells out fast.
- Oct.-TBA: This locally owned farm is open seasonally. Stop by the farm and pick your own apples or pumpkins. You can find the best photo props on this farm too! Whittle’s Willow Spring Farm even has a pig pen. So don’t forget to say hello to the pigs and piglets before you leave! The farm is open Mon-Sat 9am-6pm and Sunday 9am-5pm.
- Oct. 22-23: Old Mystic Village 1st Apple Festival. This is a fall food festival dedicated to apples. This event will also have different types of maple syrups and pumpkins. If you have never been to old mystic village, this is the perfect chance to go and explore what Old Mystic Village has to offer.
- Oct. 25-29: Jack-o-Lantern Walk is from 5:30-8:30pm located at the Mystic Seaport Museum on the Thames River. Take a stroll through this museum as you tour the Jack-o-lantern display. This event will also have live music, big fire and fun crafts for the kids. Halloween costume or clothing is encouraged.
What events are you looking forward to? For more fall events, outings and inspiration, click here, here, and here.