The holidays are just around the corner! We have compiled a list of nearly 30 gift ideas for submariners, submarine spouses and children who would love some submarine swag to celebrate.
This list could also help with a promotion ceremony, end of tour, hail and farewell, birthday, Mother’s or Father’s Day, and other special occasions. When possible, we link to fellow submarine spouses and their small businesses:
For The Submariner
- Theragun Mini – Perfect portable massager to take underway or on deployments!
- Whiskey Advent Calendar – This fun, submarine take on an advent calendar. Each whiskey vial opens a new realm — a fresh opportunity to dive into another fine sipper and discover a gem.
- LEATHERMAN, Sidekick Pocket Size Multitool – Because they love their tools.
- Nintendo Switch – OLED Model – For the gamer in your life!
- Personalized Leather Dopp Kit – A great Etsy find, made from full-grain premium grade leather and made in the U.S.A! Lined with water resistant black nylon fabric, the tolietry bag can be personalized with up to 5 initials on the bag and two on the side tab.
- LCD Writing Tablet – If your spouse is working on quals or trying to get their fish, these tablets are great for practicing!
- Naval Anchor Globe Decanter Set – Honor the submariner in your life with these incredibly cool personalized Navy gifts! Included is a globe decanter and two unique double old-fashioned glasses. The globe decanter is etched with the map of the world and has a beautiful glass-blown ship sailing inside it.
- Los Angeles Class Submarine Decanter – Another great bar accessory!
- Nautical Oracle – Set sail with your Sailorgram. Readable only by true mariners, each piece is custom painted by hand to spell your initials in signal flags. The perfect accessory for pirates, sailors and merpeople.
For The Submarine Spouse
- Submarine Stud Earrings – Another great creation from Savage and Bird, these earrings are hand painted and laser cut, sealed on top with liquid glass to give these earrings that glassy, polished top finish. All earrings are stainless steel, hypoallergenic posts and come with silicone stoppers and butterfly clasps backs. Buy as a set with the hearts or as a single set of submarines.
- Deployment Wine Club Tumbler – We love this new design from Modern Rosie!
- “Thanks a Boat Load” Stationary – You can always use thank you cards, why not this fun design from a submarine spouse?
- Submarine Door Hanger – Support a local spouse in Connecticut who designs submarine door cut outs and tumblers! Remember our fallen submariners with this patriotic door hanger that reads “Lest we forget those on eternal patrol.”
- Life Planner – One of our contributors swears by this planner! Perfect for all of our “planning.” 🙂
- Stanley Adventure Reusable Vacuum Quencher Tumbler – The holy grail.
- Mackerel Cove Bracelet – Turk’s Head Knot Collection bracelets are a recreation of the timeless beachside accessory. Each bracelet is hand-braided with our locally twisted nautical cord in a variety of classic New England colors.
- Custom Monogram Anchor Tote – These totes are beautiful and nautical and all of the sort.
- “Under The Same Moon” Mug – If coffee is more your style, this mug from Modern Rosie serves as a beautiful reminder. Perfect gift for a spouse or even a fellow submarine spouse.
- Recovery Anchor Necklace or Compass Pendant Necklace – These beautiful necklaces from Dear Ava make wonderful gifts!
For The Submarine Child
- LEGO DUPLO Town Submarine Adventure – Enjoy imaginative play with your toddler and help them develop key skills, with the fun connection to submarines! In the bath, the toy submarine floats and bubbles on the surface as the whale glides by and the fish blows bubbles below.
- Submarine PCS Puzzle – New from our friends at 16Submarines, this puzzle is the perfect companion on those long PCS road trips or cross-country flights!
- “Is That My Boat?” Picture Book – New from Modern Rosie (and order before she closes shop Dec. 31), this sweet picture book is the perfect addition to your bedtime stories. Go on a nautical journey with your favorite little one as they search the waves for their boat!
- Submarine Name Blanket – Snuggle up ith a personalized submarine name blanket from Savage and Bird! Super soft fleece, breathable but warm and cozy fabric, this blanket is a keepsake that can also be used for sweet infant to baby years. Available as a bigger toddler and adult throw, as well.
- Submarine Hoodie/Pullover/Sweatshirt – Check out this fun, gender neutral print from Etsy! Available in sizes from 0-3 months to kids size 12.
- Submarine Activity Playhome – Quite the splurge ($159), but this play home comes with mesh windows, realistic printed details and plush propeller. Kids ages three and up can explore with this play home submarine.
- Creatures of The Deep Art Print – Such a fun addition to a nursery or bedroom, this poster is full of favorite sea animals… and one sneaky submarine!
- “The Underwater Adventure” Personalized Story Book – Another great story book addition, this personalized book takes your child on an underwater adventure in a special submarine to explore what lies under the water!
- Deep Sea Magnetic Play Scene – Keep an eye out for when this restocks! This Magnetic Play Scene feature two picture story interchangeable backdrops either under the sea or a pirates shipwreck. Hours of fun can be had creating masterpieces with over 50 magnetic pieces. For ages: 3+.
- Deep Sea Adventure Travel Game – DIVE, DIVE, DIVE! Pick a deep sea diver, roll the dice and plunge into the ocean in this travel game for kids and adults.