From cider festivals and pumpkin patches to ghost trains and petting zoos, there’s plenty to explore in (and beyond) Kitsap County.
If we missed any, please shoot us a message at TheSubmergedLife@gmail.com. We’ll continue to update this list!
Pumpkin Patches & Farms
- Pheasant Field Farms (Silverdale)
Beginning October 1, enjoy pumpkin season at Pheasant Field Farms! The farm will offer pumpkin sales and farm tours. At the time of publication we could not find more details, so be sure to follow their Facebook page for updates.
- Suyematsu Farm (Bainbridge Island)
Check out Suyematsu Farm’s Day Road Farm (located at 9229 Day Road E.) on Bainbridge Island for their adorable pumpkin patch! They offer a huge variety of carving pumpkins and winter squash, their patch filled with everything you need for your fall decorating and baking. Check out their beautiful fresh fall wreaths, ornamental corn, corn stalks, autumn bouquets, fresh local produce, U-cut dahlia and more! Enjoy the ever popular Kiddy Hay Maze and tractor rides around the pumpkin patch. They also welcome leashed dogs! Follow their Facebook page for schedule updates.
- Bainbridge Gardens (Bainbridge Island)
Beginning Oct. 1 don’t miss Bainbridge Gardens free and fun “Pumpkin Walk” at their nursery, with donations towards the Boys & Girls Club. The Pumpkin Walk is a fun, festive, and free family-oriented along their historc Nature Trail. View hundreds of hand-designed and painted pumpkins. Check out our Instagram reel we made last year!
- Squash Hunt at Bloedel Reserve (Bainbridge Island)
From Oct. 10-Nov. 5, check out the “Squash Hunt” at Bloedel Reserve on Bainbridge Island! How many types of squash and pumpkins can you spot at Bloedel Reserve? Explore the grounds with your map in search of these home-grown decorative delicacies! Pause at the Residence to snap a photo of yourselves with our largest pumpkin and guess its weight. Venture into the mysterious world of carnivorous plants: discover the prickly secrets of armored flora, hold your nose as you encounter the eeriest, stinkiest plants around, and uncover the enchanting wonders of plants pollinated by nocturnal beetles and moths. It’s a hauntingly fun experience that will leave you entranced by the wonders of the plant kingdom. Win prizes at the Shop at the Gatehouse when you complete the all-ages scavenger hunt.
- Creek House Farm (Port Orchard)
For a South Kitsap County option, Creek House Farm in Port Orchard offers a great experience for littles. Starting September 28, feed farm animals, launch water balloons at large wooden pumpkins, explore the lil pumpkin play patch, solve a pumpkin puzzle in the forest, hop on a farm ride token and many opportunities for photos. Experiences are by appointment-only!
- Lattin’s Country Cider Mill & Farm (Olympia)
Get your cider fix and enjoy their “Fall Festival” weekends (Sept. 30-Oct. 29) with fun-filled activities for all ages. From pumpkin picking to wagon rides, farm games, and delicious apple fritters, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- Schilter Family Farms (Olympia)
Make the journey down to Olympia for the ultimate day at Schilter Family Farms. Starting September 30, farm activities include pick-your-own pumpkins, animals, hay rides, rubber duck racing, animals, trike riding, hot and cold apple cider, cider doughnuts, private fire pits for smores and an on-site farmer’s market. On the weekends the farm also offers pumpkin shooting, pony and barrel rides. Military spouses have also recommended Hunter Family Farm and Rutledge Corn Maze in Olympia, as well as Maris Farm in Buckley.
Events & Festivals
- Sept. 19-Oct. 7: Costume Swap at KidiMu (Drop-Off)
- Sept. 22: Drain The Keg
- Sept. 24: 3rd Annual Ciderhaus Oktoberfest
- Sept. 30: Oktoberfest Poulsbo Beer Run
- Sept. 30: Halloween Boo Sign Workshop
- Oct. 6-7: Port Gamble Ghost Walk
- Oct. 7: The Carnival Of Slaughter Halloween Tour 2023
- Oct. 8: Costume Swap at KidiMu (Pick-Up)
- Oct. 8: Halloween & Day of the Dead Earring Class
- Oct. 13-14: Port Gamble Ghost Walk
- Oct. 14-15: Zoo Boo at Point Defiance Zoo
- Oct. 15: Costume Swap at KidiMu (Pick-Up)
- Oct. 19: Halloween Sugar Cookie Decorating Class
- Oct. 20: Trick or Tree – Glow-In-The-Dark Candy Egg Hunt at Olmsted Tree Farms
- Oct. 20: Port Gamble Ghost Walk
- Oct. 20: Halloween CharSPOOKerie Workshop
- Oct. 21: Naval Base Kitsap MWR Trunk or Treat
- Oct. 22: Costume Swap at KidiMu (Pick-Up)
- Oct. 27: Trick or Tree – Glow-In-The-Dark Candy Egg Hunt at Olmsted Tree Farms
- Oct. 27-28: Port Gamble Ghost Walk
- Oct. 27-28: Prom Date Mixtape 80s Halloween Party at Admiral Theatre
- Oct. 28: Ghost Train with Kitsap Live Steamers
- Oct. 28: Tacoma Official Halloween Bar Crawl
- Oct. 28: Wicked Fast Halloween 5K
- Oct. 28: Bay Street Boo Bash
- Oct. 29: Costume Swap at KidiMu (Pick-Up)
- Oct. 29: HOWL-o-ween at IslandWood
- Oct. 29: Rattle Dem Bones Halloween Bike Ride & Costume Contest
- Oct. 31: Port Gamble Ghost Walk
- Oct. 31: Halloween Party on the Plaza at KidiMu
- Oct. 31: Halloween in Port Gamble
- Oct. 31: Spooktacular Party at Poulsbo Recreation Center
- Oct. 31: Halloween Walk Downtown Bainbridge Island
- Oct. 31: Downtown Bremerton Trick-or-Treat Street
For more ideas, things to do and Kitsap County-area resources, click here.