With 90 degree weather and limited trade winds it can be hard to feel like its “Fall Y’all” on Oahu. Luckily the island is not short of fun Halloween events and fall outings!
Here is our round up of some our favorite Fall Fun Activities to get you and your family in the fall spirit:
Pumpkin Patches & Farms
- Waimanalo Country Farms
The Waimanalo Country Farms “Fall Harvest Festival” returns Sept. 30-Nov. 12, 9am-4pm (no reservations required)! The family farm offers pick-your-own pumpkins, sunflower fields, animal visits, scenic photo ops, and shopping at the country market. Hot tip – get the honey if you can!
- Aloun Farms
Don’t miss Aloun Farm’s “21st Annual Pumpkin Festival” the last three weekends of October: 14-15; 21-22; 28-29. The all-day family-friendly activities will be available from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. including: local entertainment; craft and food vendors; keiki rides, a petting zoo; and tractor hayrides through hundreds of acres of diversified farmland. The event is pet friendly. $5 entry fee per person above two years old. Parking is free. The event gets very hot so make sure to bring plenty of water, sunscreen or visit the event earlier in the day.
Festivals & Events
- Sept. 29: USO Fort Shafter “Just a Bunch of Hocus Pocus Halloween Family Night Bingo”
- Sept. 29, Oct. 6, 13, 20, 29: Histories & Mysteries Tour at Honolulu Zoo
- Sept. 29: Autumn Moon & Lantern Festival
- Sept. 30: Kailua Fall Fest
- Oct. 6: Fire Station 6 Open House
- Oct. 6-31: Haunted House Aloha Stadium
- Oct. 7: Keiki Friendly Halloween Outdoor Movie Night
- Oct. 12: Ghosts of Old Honolulu Walking Tour
- Oct. 13-14, 20-22, 226-29, 31: Skeleton Key Hawaii 2023 Haunt at Pearlridge Center Mall
- Oct. 14: Fall Gift Fair with Island Craft Fairs
- Oct. 19: Ghosts of Old Honolulu Walking Tour
- Oct. 20: Hickam Communities “Harvest Fest”
- Oct. 20: Halloween Doggy Pup-Up
- Oct. 20-21: Flick-or-Treat Drive-In Movies
- Oct. 21: The Great Pumpkin Craft Festival at Holy Nativity School
- Oct. 21: Honolulu On Tap Beer Festival
- Oct. 21: Halloween Bar Crawl – Honolulu – 6th Annual
- Oct. 21: The Great Pumpkin Festival at Holy Nativity School
- Oct. 21: Spooky Science Workshop at Hawaii Children’s Discovery Center
- Oct. 21: Keiki Makers Fall Market
- Oct. 21: Honolulu Happy Hour Halloween Weekend Bar Crawl
- Oct. 22: Aloha Home Market Ala Moana Center – Halloween Hale Market
- Oct. 27: Honolulu Halloweekend Bar Crawl
- Oct. 27: Trick or Trot Fun Run
- Oct. 27: Halloween Carnival
- Oct. 27: Candlelight: A Haunted Evening of Halloween Classics
- Oct. 28: Autumn Family Fun Day at Hawaii Children’s Discovery Center
- Oct. 28: Hallowbaloo Chinatown Street Festival
- Oct. 28: Ghostbusters in Concert
- Oct. 29: Keiki Costume Ball at Hawaii Children’s Discovery Center
- Oct. 29: Halloween Sing-Along with Sing for Your Life!
- Oct. 31: Tiki’s Grill & Bar Annual Waikiki Halloween Bash
- Oct. 31: Trick-or-Treating at Windward Mall
Halloween Celebrations on Base
Base housing is amazing place for trick or treating with many people decorating their porches, handing out candy, and some even create there “haunted houses” in their garages. Trick or Treat times are usually posted by the housing communities. Many units or commands will also organize base Haunted Houses, Trunk or Treats, and fall events. Look for signage on base as well as through the USO or Great Life Hawaii.
Have any fall events you love let us know! I will definitely be cranking up the A/C and enjoying a few pumpkin spice lattes this season pretending I am watching the leaves peeping in Maine.