With the September 30th shutdown deadline looming, we wanted to share resources in the event of a government shutdown. During times of uncertainity this causes significant stress on military spouses and our families. We hope these resources and links can provide some relief and answer any questions you may have:
Government Shutdown Overview
Please keep in mind impacted services will differ from base to base. Review your local base guidelines for information on services that are open or closed.
- What A Government Shutdown Looks Like for the Military, Military.com
- How the Government Shutdown Impacts Military Family Services, Military.com
- Impact of a Government Shutdown, MarineParents.com
- With Government Shutdown, Troops Still Protect Nation, But Possibly Without Pay, Defense.gov
- Navy Federal to Offer Paycheck Relief to Members Impacted by Government Shutdown, NavyFederal.org
- USAA Government Shutdown Program No-Interest Loan, USAA.com
- Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society Quick-Assist Loans, NMCRS.org
We will continue to update this blog post as more resources become available.